Friday 19 February 2010

Member Certificates

 

I thought that having a white background would be better for the certificates as it could then be written on using normal pen. But it doesn't really fit with the rest of the stuff I've designed. So I changed the background to black and it instantly looks better. The written parts will just have to be done using a white or gold pen but this would make it more special so I think it works ok.


I then decided that the certificate is lacking something and that it needs to be made a bit more special. Rather than foiling the logo I think a foil seal would show that it is an authentic membership certificate. So I designed this as an example using the bevel tool in Illustrator. I'll make it flat for when its actually foiled.

 

When I tried this out on the certificates they looked a lot more official.

  
  

I tried some different alignments of the text and I think these last two work best. Just not sure whether to have the double lines or the full border. I'll ask in the next crit.

  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment