Thursday 11 March 2010

Talk With Justin


Had a chat with Justin today about my briefs. He suggested that I change the layouts in the magic booklet to reflect the triangular shape of the logo. This was because he thought everything was a bit large considering I was trying to convey secrecy, so I should make the fonts smaller too. In theory this was a really good idea but when I tried it out, it just did not work at all. I think it might be due to the size of the booklet. At A5 there isn't enough room to have a layout such as this, I think it the booklet was A4 size then it might all fit properly. However I really want it to be A5 so its a small guide to the history of magic and the club. Heres how some of the triangular spreads looked:


He also gave me some helpful input on my Pick Me Up redesign. He felt it was important to experiment with what would improve the design but keep the readership. This was a very valid point, as I wasn't really sure who would want to read the magazine once all the design elements it is known for have gone. So I should try removing one element and see what happens. For example I should try a different layout but keep their type, use a different layout and type but keep their bright colours, use a different layout, type and colour scheme etc. When we looked at the magazine its not the images, type or layout that grab your attention, its the neon colours. If I were to keep these that could be the key to keeping the readership.

No comments:

Post a Comment